recommend a led light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a rimless 23 gallon (long). Freshwater.
I plan to put a glass lid on it. What LED light are recommended for a low-light setup? I have live plants.

I have a rimless 23 gallon (long). Freshwater.
I plan to put a glass lid on it. What LED light are recommended for a low-light setup? I have live plants.
I feel like a Current USA rep, this the third time I've recommended them in as many days but the Current Satellite LED+ is something you could look into. It has many features, RGB LED's, is suited for plants and is dimmable if too strong. Not sure if it's available to you guys but you could look into importing it. It runs on American voltage, which is either 110v or 120v(please correct me). Not sure what you guys run in S. Africa but you can buy a transformer online called a voltage up or voltage down transformer/adopter. Not expensive at all. I personally don't have a Current myself but I have spoken with someone who is a big fan of them(Brian_Nano12g). I plan on getting one very soon. Another one he recommended is a site called 'Buildmyled.com'. They build them from scratch, are very well priced and you can have them custom tailored to suit your requirements

That Current Satellite LED+ is available on Amazon.com for reasonable prices. I know because I have been stalking it for a while. All I need is a new tank to out it on lol!

That Current Satellite LED+ is available on Amazon.com for reasonable prices. I know because I have been stalking it for a while. All I need is a new tank to out it on lol!

Last time I checked, Amazon didn't ship any electronic equipment out here.

Last time I checked, Amazon didn't ship any electronic equipment out here.
Check Ebay. Amazon seem to have a strict policy on there international shipping....
What size light are you looking for. Do you guys have your own version of Ebay??

Check Ebay. Amazon seem to have a strict policy on there international shipping....
What size light are you looking for. Do you guys have your own version of Ebay??

We've got something more like Craig's list...

I need to check ebay, though.

Not sure about size. My tank is 90 cm long

A Finnex Fugeray or Fugeray Planted+ would be good options too.

At the recommendation of others, I tried Buildmyled.com and I've been very happy. They're not the cheapest option, but they are made in the USA, and they've been extremely helpful. The people who answer the phone know their stuff and their product works very well. EI dosing and those LED's are making me prune and trim fairly often :)

Ok I'm going to have to set aside some time to read that, very informative.

My main problem is the exchange rate makes this a bit expensive for me! Well, I can always dream.

Ok I'm going to have to set aside some time to read that, very informative.

My main problem is the exchange rate makes this a bit expensive for me! Well, I can always dream.
It's the postage and import duty thats hitting me. Those Americans a so lucky!!!

Back
Top Bottom