Recommendations for slow sinking small pellets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hennaartist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 ropefish, 1 African butterfly, 3 small angels, and 2 Bolivian rams (although I am planning to get a couple more rams). My ropefish and African butterfly eat mostly frozen bloodworms and crickets, which I feed in the evening. I believe my angels and rams aren't getting enough to eat because what I'm feeding is mostly floating and the ropefish and butterfly easily push them out of the way.

Anyway, I need something small (because my angels and rams are small) and I need it to sink, but slow. I don't really want it to float at all because my butterfly may over eat. However, I don't want it to immediately sink either.

Anyone have any recommendations?

You could try feeding pellets, but soak them for a few seconds/ minutes in a cup of aquarium water before adding them to the tank. That way they would sink sooner.
You say your frozen bloodworms float? Are you thawing them in a cup before pouring them into the tank?

I intentionally sink some flake crumbles for the middle feeders by dipping my fingers when I put the food in the water. Just breaking the surface does it. I'm almost out of the flake and ordered some Hikari mini wafers instead but haven't tried them yet. I noticed they had micro pellets, too.

You say your frozen bloodworms float? Are you thawing them in a cup before pouring them into the tank?

The frozen bloodworms don't float, but I usually hold them in my fingers and hand feed them so the butterfly fish can have some. However, some fall down.

I was just looking for slow falling pellets.

Back
Top Bottom