Recommendations on a Plant Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kenny1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I'm looking for recommendations for a light for my planted 65G. I know about the Fluval Plant light, but at $200.00, I'd like to see if there is anything else out there that may be a little more economical, but good for Brazilian Swords, Ferns and some other easy plants. thanks!

Is this a 4' tank, or what width.

If it is a 4' I like my lights from here, and programmable if you are willing to read the instructions, lol! I the 24" lights and just ordered the 48" very nice looking fixture, very powerful and can be adjusted to lower light as well.

A bargain imho. They company is owned by Current USA which I have some of their fixtures too. The remote control will turn the lights on and off, I haven't read the instructions for automatic yet, :eek: Had them for nearly 9 months. Excellent customer service. (not always lightning fast responses but timely, there is a pandemic)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECOXOTIC-9...062065?hash=item421939d531:g:z6gAAOSwKtVWzQNG

I have a Beamsworks 48" white / blue LED light, works just fine but not got an automatic feature. Which is the one being replaced. Also from Ebay was the same cost.

Current USA on my other tank, have bought several of these refurbished, on is online for 39.99 free shipping.

Just be sure to check whether you want RGB light you get full spectrum or white and blue option, they look the same but read the details closely.

The other thing is the sizing.
36-48" means the light bar is 36" wide and the legs move out further to 48"

So for my 4' tank I have the 48-60" meaning the light bar is 48" wide to give the tank full coverage but could sit on a 60" tank as well.

Thank you for the recommendation! I know there are a lot of "budget lights" out there, but I'm never sure what's good and what is just junk.

The Ecoxotic 24" light is on top of the glass of my 36" wide bowfront (other different brand light broke). It adequately lights the space in the tank, slight shadow in the back corners but it is not on high 100% light either. It looks great. The lights were $250-450 when they came out around 2012. You can watch a couple reviews, Petswarehouse had a good demo. I think they are just clearance-ing the lights out as they went in another direction for the lighting. They are very nicely made. I have another 24" light ($29.00 free shipping that is cheaper than a lamp) on my 24" Waterbox tank and then will have the 48" on the 48" tank.

Finnex makes some nice sturdy lights too. I have seen the larger ones in use but have owned the nano lights (and heaters).

Good luck on making your decision.

Back
Top Bottom