Recommendations on Good Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mohican

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm using penguin powerhead to suck up co2 bubbles from diffuser and help distribute throughout tank. My issue is this thing won't (a) stay suctioned to the glass, falls off every single day and (b) the over the rim attachment is generic and either won't stay positioned and can now be loud vibrating against glass. So I'm curious as to what is a good functioning powerhead that is relatively quiet and stays mounted?

koralia makes some nice, quiet powerheads. I've also had good results with the marineland maxi-jet, but thats by the same company that makes penguin, so I don't know how they compare to eachother.

You could always try just replacing the suction cups.

I read reviews on the new maxi jet and said it was loud. I like it, looks like something I would be interested.

I've had good luck with the Koralia nano models. The nice thing about that design is that they produce a wide area of flow rather than the more condensed streams that many powerhead do. Also, my koralias were all completely silent.

Koralia nano are great. They are quiet and have a
magnet in the suction cup so u don't have to worry about falling.

Thanks, I'm looking into powerhead features (right now) vs circulation features. Hydor and/or korolla are definitely 2 brands I would consider if looking into circulation pumps.

If I go with a circulation pump like korola nano, sorry spelling, how do I use this with glass diffuser (assuming diffuser placed under pump)? It will stick out past the diffuser so the mist will miss the output flow stream, right? Hope that makes sense.

What kind of diffuser are you using I have my atomic diffuser right underneath my Hydor 550 it blows the most everywhere

Using Boyu glass diffuser for now and put in under Hydor 450 powerhead. I feel like I have to place diffuser away from glass, toward center, of tank to get pump to be able to work. It's frustrating because CO2 tubing is rather rigid compared to standard airline. The diffuser wants to lay down or float up, argh!

Back
Top Bottom