Recommended Day Out : The London Aquarium !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grant R

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A few months back, I went to The London Aquarium, which was an interesting and good day out.
Without going into too much detail, they have almost all types of fish from around the world, in many different water types.

There is also a huge shark tank ( I forget the species name now .. ) and myself and the girl lucky enough to catch the feeding time .. amazing experience.

We also got to feel some ( human friendly ) stingrays. The bird had already felt one as she recently visited Florida and had the experience of touching a stingray, but it was my first time and they are funny little characters !!
I ended up buying a £9.50 memento stingray in the shop at the end as a memento !! Sad or what !!

Anyway, comes recommended for fellow Brits or potential tourists.
Brilliant day out.

http://www.LondonAquarium.co.uk

Yeah I think I might have been there, its great.
Have you ever been to the aquarium at Blackpool, it's in the tower, only small but still fantastic! :p

I went to Newquay Aquarium a couple of weeks ago. Its not great but there were a couple of interesting bits. They had a lot of rays in a shallow tank that you could look down on, and get really close. There were a couple of plaice in there too. The rays would swim close and stick their heads out of the water to look at you - weird !

My favourite bit was the yellow box fish tank. Just a little tank with a few of the fish in. Imagine sweetcorn but squarer, with black spots, eyes and a tail, and you've got the picture. :D

Back
Top Bottom