Recommended Moon lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you recommend for moon lights? Brands that work well and look good. Thanks.

coralife makes a nice little moon light, but I'm sure you could find them cheaper.

I think the trick with them is to not overdo them and have tons of LED's lighting up your tank at night.

I have a 46G and on 3/4W LED works nicely to create a realistic moonlight. I have it entering on an angle and it only spotlights a portion of my tank.

yeah, my sister had one of those things where its got the nylon string things coming out of a base, and in the base "were" 4 blue LED's, which make the tips of the strings light up...anyways, i took that, and just kinda angled it over my water, so that it was shining from the very end to about...oh just past the middle. It was awsome, but since all the bulbs were in the same exact place, it didnt really light up much, other than the small area in the middle. So i wanna get another of them, and i think that'd be really cool...but if you have a powerhead or return that agitates the water's surface, then it really looks cool, as the led's light ripples on the sand and rocks and everything.

Do any of you have experience with the coralife brand of lights? They seem 'less expensive' than others, so I was wondering about durability and quality......
55g. reef tank,
Thanks!

I have coralife on my system. So far no problems. I like them, but I want a MH setup down the road. coralife makes a newerPC/MH combo that I wish was available when I bought my lights. I would have bought that.

Back
Top Bottom