Recovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put this tank back together on Sunday after treating for columnaris. During that time, the plants went in a five gallon bucket by the window. There are a limited number of hours in the day... I know I'm could have made better decisions about their care, but here we are.

This is a 20 long with pressurized CO2, Eco Complete, and a Current Satellite LED+. The filter is an AquaClear 20. I use Excel daily and API Leaf Zone weekly. I was overwhelmed by fertilizer options and went with the easiest to acquire.

The tank had been set up since September, but the columnaris treatment was intense. I did not remove the substrate in this tank, but I treated with potassium permanganate, Furan-2, and Kanaplex. I did dip (and just dip) all plants in hydrogen peroxide.

Plants are anubias, moneywort (which is totally fine), Asian water fern, pancuraji, green ozelot, echinodorus parviflorus, sagittaria subulata, trident java fern, and windelev java fern.

There's some alternanthera reineckii in my other tank that I'll be moving over because it needs more light.

I want to get these plants happy again. What are your thoughts?

You've still got a lot of trimming to do there ;) cut off anything that is dead/has holes etc. all those will do is attract algae. The plants won't regenerate any leafs that are struggling, even if you have to cut them all off they will grow new ones :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom