Red Algae EVERYWHERE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok but we should wait till after the mini cycle to do this correct? If so how big of a water change should I do after it all?

I did about 30% after my cyano was all gone, it took a bout one day and I had alot, not as much as you but close. lol

You can wait or you can dose it now. If you cut the lights and stop feeding the shrimp for a few days the cycle may complete. Me, I;d do it now just to be rid of it, and worry about the cycle after it was gone.

Ok that works then. The cycle should be done within the week so I will pro just wait till it finishs and do like a 50% water change to get rid of the cycled and the cyano. Would you think that would be good?

Just use the red slime remover or chemiclean and then do your large water change. You can also just do a a major cleaning and keep doing water changes instead of using a chemical. It will take considerably longer but can be done.

How big is a "big water change" if I want to finish cycling and chemiclean at the same time?

I would do 40% or so, depends on your final nitrate readings as well. if they are really high then you might need to do 2 changes...

Ok. So, it's been five? days now since we posted this thread. And our algae/cyanobacteria stuff is now turning green and yellow? Is this a good sign?

Back
Top Bottom