Red algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erichm20

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently awaiting some snails for diatoms but saw this this morning- is it Cyanobacteria? It's not growing anywhere else and I assume it's in this part bc it's the lowest flow area.

Will nerites eat it? Also have a few nessarius on the way as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-988374080.jpg
    image-988374080.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 149
And no they will not eat it.... Lower phosphate and nitrate also can be heavy metals they consume them also......

Just go out and pick up a maxijet 400 they are fairly cheep and is more then enough power for the 150phosban I even use my maxijet turned down just that media turns in it not looking like its boiling. That's the best option and you should pick up a bigger return pump to enhance the flow in your tank

erichm20 said:
Currently awaiting some snails for diatoms but saw this this morning- is it Cyanobacteria? It's not growing anywhere else and I assume it's in this part bc it's the lowest flow area.

Will nerites eat it? Also have a few nessarius on the way as well.

Thanks!

Kill it before it gets worst ..... I had it on my first sw tank and I had to redo the hole tank.and wash about 50 lb of sand .... All that twice ... Cuz the Gogh emocion didn't work by how bad it was

Back
Top Bottom