Red cherry shrimp compatibillity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PleaseHelp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will a red cherry shrimp, a blue velvet shrimp, an orange shrimp, and a yellow shrimp be okay in a 50 gal with toys for hiding, a frew plants and 5 neone tetras, 4 danios (they are pretty nice to other fish, the chase other danios around for fun, no nipping) 3 red tetras and 2 platies. I don't see any aggression at all in the tank, so will these shrimp be lunch or not? I also don't know how small the shrimp will be. Please answer and :thanks: (y)

Generally, its ill advised to mix shrimp colors because they will interbreed and just become grey.

I would pick one color and start with at minimum 10 shrimp to get a good breeding colony started. More is better.

Well, i bought 4 on ebay. I've never bred fish before, and don't plan on breeding these shrimp as i'm just starting out. Would any of the above fosh eat my shrimp? I can't buy 10 shrimp, i don't have enough money. :(

Well, i bought 4 on ebay. I've never bred fish before, and don't plan on breeding these shrimp as i'm just starting out. Would any of the above fosh eat my shrimp? I can't buy 10 shrimp, i don't have enough money. :(
These shrimp just breed automatically. You dont have to do anything special.

They shouldnt get eaten, but shrimp have a notoriously high mortality rate when being added to new tanks. Be sure to drip acclimate them.

I would also suggest a little bit of research before buying new species. its a lesson most of us learn the hard way... myself included :)

Shrimp just breed as long as there is a male and female. You will most likely end up with dull looking offspring though since they will mix.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom