Red Cherry Shrimp tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just put some RCS in with my Kuhli Loach and they get along well enough from my observations so far. One shrimp died but the others all look healthy.

Edit a 5g tank is too small for Kuhli so rule them out as a potential tank mate..

I keep RCS with neons and three pair of Peacock Gudgeon. They share with Amano, blueberry, some weird brown shrimp, blue flower filter feeding shrimp, Otto, as you can see by the eggs everywhere! Nerite snails.
Both the RCS shrimp and gudgeon a breed like crazy.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394467144.225147.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394467179.862423.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394467229.215652.jpg
Tank size is 13g with a AQ hang on back filter w/surface skimmer. A few live plants and Fluval Plant LED.

1 bumble bee goby will be fine anymore than that will be bad because they are aggressive towards each other bumble bee gobys are freshwater fish with unbroken black stripe commonly confused with the brackish fish named the golden banded goby that has broken black stripes and sometimes even spots ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394515624.085316.jpg here is a picture of my bumble bee goby that i have in a 75 gallon community tank with 3 ghost shrimp the goby will sit right beside the ghost shrimp and he shows no interest although bumble bee gobys do need frozen food such as frozen blood worms thats what i feed mine

Oto is safest. Honey Gourami should be ok too. As are badis badis

Bumblebee goby may well have a pop and depending on the exact type (I believe there are 2 very similar) the goby may require brackish conditions.

Anything other than Oto will eat baby shrimp though.

Badis badis get to 3". Much too large for a Shrimp tank.

If you mean a Scarlet Badis Latin name Dario dario, they are tiny hunters. I bought mine knowing they'd eat baby Shrimp and they do.

If you add anything other than Otos, you may lose babies as well as adults.

I miss seeing my baby shrimp now :(

What about african dwarf frogs with rcs? If I have a planted tank and allow the shrimp to grow and establish in the tank before introducing the frogs would they be able to coexist?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also have a ADF in my 75g planted community with 3 ghost shrimp and the frog doesnt harm them sometimes they go for the same worm but the shrimp are to fast for the frog

As for ADF, if it can fit in their mouth they will eat it. But they can be slow. you would be taking chances.

I had a rescue Betta and ADF and the only place I had for it at the time was my planted bowl with a few little cull RCS and they disappeared from a densely planted bowl. Just beware. The RCS tend to hang out more like where the ADF do, so that's why I think it was the frog.

Hrm. I really think it would be an entertaining/pretty combo but I worry about the shrimp. I don't know if I'll try it. Frogs are my main plan, though.

Hrm. I really think it would be an entertaining/pretty combo but I worry about the shrimp. I don't know if I'll try it. Frogs are my main plan, though.

The (male) frogs make the most odd buzzing sound. I got a female for my rescue frog and they went to live with a sweet, responsible college student (also the Betta, now named Mr. Grumpy Gills, lol).

Hope it works out well :flowers:

I just got three RCS yesterday. I also bought 4 Endlers. They became tank buddies with my white clouds.

Back
Top Bottom