Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tony_540

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently bought 4 RCS for my 3 gallon, I plan on getting at the most 10 more, maybe 6, the thing is my shrimp never come out, I see one, once in a while but most of the time they are just hiding under the filter in the back, I also have one betta so I don't know what's wrong? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397757217.290154.jpg

What's wrong ? You have a massive Shrimp killing fish, that's why they hide. Also very little dense plant growth, as your tank is new.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha okay so I will take my betta out, but what else is wrong?

Oh dang, alright well I took out my betta, now I have to find him a place to live haha

... Where is he now ? Better to keep him in there until you find another tank,. They can hide pretty good..

Yea but I want my shrimp to come out so that I see them, I will find him a place

.. Bettas need at least 1g heated and filtered:), if you want to see the shrimp you should get more and take out that branch.. They like to hide

Well I heard they like the driftwood, that is why I bought it, they are always under my filer, and I will buy more

They do, but they crawl under lol! I have a platter piece .. But they still crawl under.. I have 6 in a 15g (almost empty no deco, 1 plant and black sand) with fry and I see maybe 1 at a time.. They have no where to hide but still lol only about 1-2 at a time, I'm getting about 15 more in a few days :)

What do u mean by sense plant growth?

Dense = thick or lush plant growth.

The more hiding places you offer without scary fish in the tank, the more you should see them once they settle in.

Please don't take away hiding places.

These were my Shrimp before I added more fish. Just Otos in the tank at this point. Red/White are CRS. RCS babies everywhere in this vid. http://youtu.be/2dxCfQK6jBg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thanks coursair! I will not remove anything, just add more

For RCS you ideally need lots of moss, Java moss is good. They eat the biofilm and live safely in it the young also hide in it. Given time they will venture out if you have no predators. Mine are all over the tank but use the moss as their base.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397859742.238874.jpg

Back
Top Bottom