red claw crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquariumkeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i have one 10 gallon fish tank (with 1 white cloud mountain minnow currently living in it.) and i was wondering if i could have one in my tank.but i don't now anything about them so please help me ,also could u show me a pic of a red claw crab tank so i could get an idea of it??????????????????????????????

i dont have a pic,but they are brackish and need land access.

okay so could i put a piece of twisted wood and would that work and what about salt????????????????????????

thanks alot alex

i dont think your minnow would like the salt,you could get another 10 and do a species only tank,there interesting creatures.and your welcome.

lesson 1:never ever4 listen to the pet store emplyee.yes,they need salt.vampire crabs are freshwater,but need access to land.thai micro crabs are freshwater and fully aquatic,but i doubt youll see them at an LFS.

i dont knoiw,i dont have any around me.i wouldnt suggest putting the rcc or the vampire crabs with fish,the micro crabs are ok with smaller fish,but depending on the size of the minnows,they may eat them when moulting.id suggest species only for all of thyem.

Back
Top Bottom