red devil question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you know I rehomed my tropicals and rescaped my 55 with a single aprox 4" red devil. My question is he seems a little shy right now. he has dug a pit in the back corner behind a plant and retreats there if ther is any movement in the room. Its only been 2 days so im assuming he is just getting use to the new tank. I know he was wondering around the whole tank while i was at work because he uprooted some of the fake plants on the other side of the tank.
Im asking because my severums and heckelii in the 75 were never shy or hideing from day one and were eating out of my hand with in a week. Do red devile sulk like oscars for a few days when there is change. Thanks
Mike

from personal experience, yes they do. spend a lot of time next to the tank, and it will get to know you in no time

As some of you know I rehomed my tropicals and rescaped my 55 with a single aprox 4" red devil. My question is he seems a little shy right now. he has dug a pit in the back corner behind a plant and retreats there if ther is any movement in the room. Its only been 2 days so im assuming he is just getting use to the new tank. I know he was wondering around the whole tank while i was at work because he uprooted some of the fake plants on the other side of the tank.
Im asking because my severums and heckelii in the 75 were never shy or hideing from day one and were eating out of my hand with in a week. Do red devile sulk like oscars for a few days when there is change. Thanks
Mike

Give it a week.

Back
Top Bottom