red eye bloated and bobbing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpuskar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I woke up this am to one of my red eyes bloated and kind of bobbing along in the water. He tries to swim for a moment then floats in every direction but forward. A few of his scales look like they are peeling maybe...everyone else in the tank is doing great. Water tests perfect. Im going to do a pwc again today, as scheduled, anything else I can do for him?

btw, this is my 100g, newly cycled tank (about a week ago it cycled and I added the fish)

It sounds like dropsy if the scales are sticking up, or pineconning as it's called. When you say the tests are perfect, what are the exact numbers? Are you using test strips or a liquid test kit?

Bad news, within 2 hours, he died. I was using liquid drop test. Ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrite 0.

I don't think nitrate should be zero if you actually put your tank through the nitrogen cycle.

Whoops, I meant 10. Sorry, I am posting from my tablet with my infant in the other arm.

That's what I'm beginning to think. I bought them exactly a week ago. All the others seem to be fine...fingers crossed it remains that way

Back
Top Bottom