"Red Flame" Sword With White Hairs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a "red flame" sword and it has little stringy white hairs all over its leaves. What could this be? I gave it a 1min dip in Hydrogen peroxide before I put it in my tank.

This could be a white fungus caused by excess food turning moldy, I have had this in my tank when the current of the filter outlet forced the food to floor before my Betta could eat it.

Try to remove as much as possible whilst reducing the food you give and just keep up with maintenance and PWCs and it should starve so to speak.

this plant was just added so its not from me overfeeding and the site I got them from I dont think keep fish with the plants but idk

Dead algae that became white when you dipped it. Also could be hydra. Or even algae that's just really thin so you can't see that it's green.

right, I would say hair algae... is it rough and stringy or mushy?? rough and stringy.... hair algae, do any other plants have it?? I agree it could be from the H2O2 dip.. maybe the other tank had a little...

Back
Top Bottom