Red/green open brain.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up a small 3to4 inch red/green open brain for 20 bux,they have a new coral shipment coming and wanted to sell it(the sticker said 39.99)
anyway would this coral do best on a rock like my Frogspawn or in the substrate? remember I have pc lights...

I agree with Jermz on that, definately substrate for the exact reason he said. In my gallery there is a pic of my open brain in the sand. I had it up in the rocks for a while and it wasnt doing so well. Once I put it in the sand it started looking much better. Maybe it was the flow or lighting that could have caused it to look not so good but either way, its doing well now!

Need to be on the substrate. Here is mine

Attachments

• 000_0139_262.jpg
    000_0139_262.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 20
its on the substrate now,it wasnt to happy about the move...hopefully it will inflate and get some color back.

what do you feed your brains...im still waiting to see some response from mine to say hey Im hungry here...

Have not fed mine since I`ve had it. The lights and leftovers in the tank do the trick. He has doubled in size.

I feed mine once a week, a small piece of silverside. Just set it on top of it's mouth, and it'll suck it down. I need to turn put the top part of a 2 liter coke bottle over it so the fish don't grab the silverside, but that's easy to do. I also need to turn off the pumps so it doesn't get blown around, until I can get the cover over it.

Back
Top Bottom