Red head spawn #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbourg746

Aquarium Advice Addict
Walked in on them going at it again. I had to move the neambi to another tank cause it was getting a lil too rough. First time was unsuccessful. Hopefully we can make something happen this time.

http://youtu.be/RK8qxu8cLuc

Update as of this morning... I moved the female and the clay pot to a 55g in hopes that the male will now spawn with the other female who is about to burst with eggs.

I figured it would be a better chance of success if the mother and eggs are isolated. The other fish, even the male red head, were giving ole girl such a hard time last night. If the other two pair off and spawn I will move both of them into the 55 also.

Attachments

• image-533117364.jpg
    image-533117364.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 50
Strange egg laying pattern, how many fertilized eggs are there?

There were more but the male kept eating them. Hopefully he was eating the unfertilized ones. Looks to be about 65 or so eggs and I only see about 6 that are white.

How are your male and female acting because I have read a lot about them and they are kinda difficult to get a mating pair

How are your male and female acting because I have read a lot about them and they are kinda difficult to get a mating pair

I have a trio and the male only shows interest in one female. When she laid her batch last night I was worried that they wouldn't make it in the main tank so I moved the female and the eggs into another tank to see what would happen with the other two and to try and salvage the rest of the eggs. So far the male is showing some interest in female #2 so I'm gonna keep a close eye as things develop. If they spawn also I'll move both of the to the 55 with female #1.

Very cool my red heads needed to be separated male and female. They just would not have it but my male is gorgeous and gave the female to my mom she's also got 125 g with sa/ca chiclids so the female is much happier and alive :)

Back
Top Bottom