Red jewels eating problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have a pair of red jewels in a 20gal for a week now and one of them won't eat anything, all he do is hide...I keep feeding one but the other just hide, I feed them flakes

i have a jewel in my mixed mbuna tank, and for about two weeks he was only sitting on the bottom and not eating. NOW 6 months later he is a sneaky little sucker and tries to attack any fish that he doesnt think is looking. it should be ok.

Have you tried feeding a variety of foods?

I have 2 jewels and one seems to be quite smaller and doesnt get to compete for as much food but my other one is a beast and will eat anything.

my cichlids won't eat flakes so I feed bloodworms, cichlid pellets, peas(which they just loooove), and when it gets warmer here I will try worms from the garden....

The bigger jewel is not eating, the smaller one is the only one eating but the bigger one is dominant...and I tried bloodworms but without the bigger one eating I usually waste it

bcurlacher54 said:
i have a jewel in my mixed mbuna tank, and for about two weeks he was only sitting on the bottom and not eating. NOW 6 months later he is a sneaky little sucker and tries to attack any fish that he doesnt think is looking. it should be ok.

I'm scare it might die lol

maybe do what i did with my old buffalo cichlid - soak some food (in your case flakes) for 1 minute so it will sink. then pinch it and hand deliver it to where the fish hides WHILE feeding the main fish normally so they dont steal from it xx

Back
Top Bottom