Red lump on dojo loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiaCas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a golden dojo loach with a red lump near the end of his body. When I looked for something similar online to try to find out what this could be, I got mostly pictures of loaches with internal lumps. They kinda looked like snakes digesting their food. This is different. This is like a growth on the outside of the loach's body. He's also the only one of 5 loaches that is breathing heavily and he tends to stay under his log (driftwood overhang thing) and only eat what food comes toward him, so I've had to squirt food right next to him. He did FINALLY come out to a place I could get a few pictures of him, but they're still not very good. Sorry about that :/ Hopefully you can still see the lump ok. Sorry about the water streaks too. I'm really bad about cleaning the glass after I finish messing around in the tank.

bCd50jT.jpg

3a7t8R5.jpg

All of the other loaches are totally fine. The tank is in great condition - lightly planted, clear, cycled of course, ammonia at 0, nitrite at 0, nitrate at 0, just did another water change. All other fish seem perfectly happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom