Red/Millennium Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nolan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new to this site so I am not sure if I posted this in the right spot. I have had these two fish, which are supposedly a male and female for about 2 or 3 months. They are supposed to be either Red Rainbowfish or they may be Millennium Rainbowfish. Either way I spent $20 on each of these and neither are any red. They just remain a yellowish brown tinge. I am really hoping they will color up soon. Does anybody know if they will? Any comments will be appreciated.
Thanks

Try posting this under general questions forum and post a pic. You may get more help that way. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Most rainbow fish when juvenile don't have very good colors. So if they are new this may be the case. If you are doubting the type of rainbow fish post a picture and I can try to give you an id on them.

May the force be with you.

Here is a picture of the both.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 77
Those are juvenile so I'm not 100% but they look more like millennium to me. I can tell you the one that is less colorful is most likely a female. Are those the only two you have?

May the force be with you.

Yeah I only have two. Is the darker one a female and the less colorful bigger one which seems to be developing the hump like shape they have a male? Would that one eventually color up and be red?!

Back
Top Bottom