red nose rhino shrimp help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi i have just received four of these guys today they were shipped overnight. My worry is there body is suppose to be clear but it's slightly white? I'm hoping it's due to stress with the shipping but I'm worried that they're ill. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

I'm sure it is just stress. I ordered shrimp before and when they arrived they were not even close to the color they were suppose to be. Once they get comfortable in the tank I'm sure they will return to normal :)

I'm sure it is just stress. I ordered shrimp before and when they arrived they were not even close to the color they were suppose to be. Once they get comfortable in the tank I'm sure they will return to normal :)

Thanks, i was just concerned my kids bought them for my birthday. They're swimming about and doing shrimpy things lol Thank you again :)

I remember reading on some websites ..I linked 2 below ... that milky white Rhino nosed shrimp are sick, the females will stop producing eggs and and will eventually die. It doesn't state that stress turns them white, just illness. Hopefully, in your case it is just stress and they'll become transparent as they better acclimate.

Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp
Pinokio Shrimp - (10) - Elite Inverts Store

I remember reading on some websites ..I linked 2 below ... that milky white Rhino nosed shrimp are sick, the females will stop producing eggs and and will eventually die. It doesn't state that stress turns them white, just illness. Hopefully, in your case it is just stress and they'll become transparent as they better acclimate.

Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp
Pinokio Shrimp - (10) - Elite Inverts Store

That's what I read, I'm just hoping it's stress they're water was freezing. That's the problem when i couldn't get to view them. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom