Red or Orange fish don't survive in my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talked to my LFS guy. As soon as I mentioned my Rainbow Shark he told me the aggressive behavior towards fish of warm colors (i.e. reds and oranges) is common for the Rainbow.
I don't know what to say really. Have you seen your rainbow shark chasing yellow or orange fish in particular? Chasing or bullying them to death?

I don't know what to say really. Have you seen your rainbow shark chasing yellow or orange fish in particular? Chasing or bullying them to death?
I have seen him chase them, but never witnessed the actual killing. I suspected the shark all along but didn't want to prejudice any intelligent replies.

I'm definitely not your go to guy reference Rainbow Shark information, but aren't they a one fish per tank species due to their intolerance of other sharks. They also are a fish sporting orange or red fins. Maybe that's your answer. Your shark just might be a hyper agressive one totally intolerant towards any other red finned fish. Who knows?

I'm definitely not your go to guy reference Rainbow Shark information, but aren't they a one fish per tank species due to their intolerance of other sharks. They also are a fish sporting orange or red fins. Maybe that's your answer. Your shark just might be a hyper agressive one totally intolerant towards any other red finned fish. Who knows?
Coincides with my theory.

Stock:
1 Medium Angel (new)
1 4" Rainbow Shark
1 Dwarf Blue Gourami
1 male Dalmatian Molly
2 female Dalmatian Mollies
3 Black Neons
4 Bloodfin Tetras
4 Cories
6 Neons
1 female Micky Mouse Platy

Anytime I add an Orange or Red fish I found them floating or they have simply disappeared.
Any thoughts, theories or personal experiences?
The Platy lasted 6 days

Back
Top Bottom