Red Racer Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingtrees

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! Just bought a few new nerites and I was curious if this is a normal spot for snails to go?

First time actually buying snails, usually just have invasive pests. But the tiger and red racer won me over. Hoping it is OK!1610649118872.jpeg1610649192746.jpeg

It went behind my inflow for a day but is out and about now. Made me nervous. Do snails bully other snails?20210114_232952.jpeg

It was probably cleaning behind there, lots of goodies.

What is your pH?

Do you happen to know your hardness, GH / KH? They like some hardness, and minerals for their shells. Leave, ssy the back wall with some biofilm. I usually will leave the back and sides alone for the snails. Just clean the main viewing area.

It was probably cleaning behind there, lots of goodies.

What is your pH?

Do you happen to know your hardness, GH / KH? They like some hardness, and minerals for their shells. Leave, ssy the back wall with some biofilm. I usually will leave the back and sides alone for the snails. Just clean the main viewing area.
Ph is around 6.6. Since the tank is planted I usually allow 5-10 during my nitrate test. I run CO2 and that lowered my pH from my original tap water.

KH and GH are something I don't usually test for. The water here is hard. (Good, old great lake water!) Maybe I will run up to the LFS and have them check it for me.

I also only clean the front glass panel. It has plenty of biofilm to graze on. Probably just adjusting to the new tank and I was a little anxious. It is the smallest, non-pest snail in the tank so bullying was the thought.

Back
Top Bottom