Red Robin Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamBattersby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello need some help!
Basically I bought two red robin gouramis, when I got home I googled red robin gouramis and on a blog someone had mentioned about them getting darker in colour when stressed, I noticed yesterday after having them almost a week that they had both started going darker and moving slower, I thought this was strange as I wouldn't of noticed it unless I read the blog! I haven't noticed any other fish in the tank going for them and I also have some other more yellowy gouramis in the tank and they have had no problem? And they get on fine with the red robins, not sure what I can do or what the problem actually is?

T

It's only a couple weeks old and to be honest I'm new and not too sure about cycling,and again not sure on parameters so could i have some advice on this as well please!

The parameters are ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate you will want to get a teat kit for this the best is the api master feshwater test kit im going to getting one soon im sone with test strips haha the cycle is the most important thing in starting a tank it helps grow bb "beneficial bacteria" which breaks down the ammonia in the tank caused from fish waste left over food etc. This will takr a awhile so you need to keep an eye on the levels especially since its a fish in cycle when a the ammonia is yo high you need to do water changes to bring it back down plus what size tank is it and anybody else can chime in if i missed anything

Back
Top Bottom