Red Sea Max 250

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galwaydellboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi All
I am planning a new reef tank and looking for some advice
Should I go for RSM or a tank with sump in the in the under cabinet ??
Any ideas or thought would be appreciated
Thanks

It all depends on what youre looking for. If you want style, simplicity, and a really nice tank for mostly softies, lps, and some sps along with smaller fish, go for the RSM.

If you want a tank you can go all out on, customize, and make it "you" then do your own tank with sump.

All depends. BTW, i am an RSM250 owner..so im here if you have any questions at all

Many thanks

I would like to keep hard and soft corals
How do you find the lights ? Also is it hard cleaning and doing water changes as you are always working from the top ? I really like the idea of a 1 plug system ;) well my wife does :)
Have you any faults win the RSM ?
Thanks

Galwaydellboy said:
Many thanks

I would like to keep hard and soft corals
How do you find the lights ? Also is it hard cleaning and doing water changes as you are always working from the top ? I really like the idea of a 1 plug system ;) well my wife does :)
Have you any faults win the RSM ?
Thanks

You can keep both, you'd just need to keep up on water quality. I have some sps, such as a birdsnest, meteor shower, purple haze, and an acro.

The lights come with the tank. Any replacement parts can be bought from Red Sea.

Water changes and cleaning are like any other tank. Open up the lid for the pwc's, use a mag float or toothbrush on the algae.

The best part is that there is only 1 chord. Its amazing, and it looks like furniture.

Id say the only fault has to do with the sump. It is difficult to have a sump and a chiller (the chiller is almost a necessity. The tank lights get it pretty hot). Like right now, if i wanted to add a sump into my tank, i could prob only fit an 8 gallon:(

Attachments

• image-1752759181.jpg
    image-1752759181.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 138
Ya that's what I was thinking about the sump it would be too small

I think I will go for a custom with sump my Lfs said he had a clear seal 4 ft marine with built in sump

Now I need to figure out what skimmer and more importantly what lights

Hoping to start this project in January

Ant thoughts on equipment ??

Galwaydellboy said:
Ya that's what I was thinking about the sump it would be too small

I think I will go for a custom with sump my Lfs said he had a clear seal 4 ft marine with built in sump

Now I need to figure out what skimmer and more importantly what lights

Hoping to start this project in January

Ant thoughts on equipment ??

Yeah, you could mod the stand and put a tank on the top part though.

Make sure you dont show the wires if you do go for jus tthe regular tank. The wife wouldnt like that!!

I'd go for a reef octopus skimmer and prob a 6 bulb fishneedit.com fixture

Yup reef octopus. That is, if you don't want this in your water. Great skimmers, I have one, highly recommend

Attachments

• image-1416062481.jpg
    image-1416062481.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 120
Thanks

They look great my problem is I'm I'm ireland no one sells the bloody things here :(

Any ideas of some nice bright coloured easy to care for corals to start off with ?

This is my second attempt at a saltwater last time I lost everything to ich sold the tank and now it's creapin bvk into my head to get another one :)

Addicted

Zoas are bright colors, and many different ones to choose from. And they're easy, photosynthetic.

Yes hopefully they will send Ireland

Leathers are great and hardy my Lfs doesn't really know much at all about marine keeping as its not the popular here cause its just so exspensive here

So I am relying on online this time :)

Hey that's good news cause they are expensive

Just wondering what should I go for white or blue ?

Any thoughts would be nice

I would go blue with black casing. I like bluer tanks a lot more. And they are controllable so if it's too blue you can turn it down with the controller (sold separately, but pretty much needed).

Ai sols are great lights, I love mine. Where in Ireland are you? I have a friend in Dublin, the store he goes to seems pretty clued up on marine tanks and he's got a nice tank with some very nice corals.

Back
Top Bottom