Red Sea test kit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok...So I'm dosing my 20 gallon tank with Tech M in hopes of getting rid of my bryopsis. I'm using a red sea test kit to measure magnesium. So, after only 2 doses, my mag level went from 1250 to 1800. That can't be right because I only used about 60ml of tech m. According to some of the calculators I've seen, I will need about 17 oz. of this stuff to get it up to 1800ppm. That' a whole bottle. So tonight while testing again, I noticed that the liquid in the syringe was about 0.19ml below the bottom of the rubber tip. In the book it says it should be between 0.1 and 0.15 below the tip. That accounts for the wrong test result I'm sure. Is there a secret to getting the liquid up the syringe to where it's suppose to be?

Attachments

• syringe.jpg
    syringe.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 96
Try going slower when filling the syringe and make sure the tip is fully submerged. Hope that helps

Thanks. Think I was going too fast....Also figured out I was dosing too little Tech M. Was only dosing 20 ml. Needed to be dosing 120ml.

Back
Top Bottom