red slime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Man..Im getting killed with cyano...Its all over my substrate..

I use ro/di, I checked my phoisphates and there 0. All my levels look good. I feed once a day. Not overfeeding. I siphon with twater changes and then it comes back within an hour..

Please help

1 other questiuon..i have 100lbs of live rock.I had a tank of base rock abou 20lbs thats been out of water for awhile..It has a little green algae but for the most part its still white...What should i do to this rock before putting it in my tank...Boil it???

Thanks guys

WHat about water flow and lighting? Any lighting upgrades recently? How long are they on? Are you getting any water movement over your substrate?

i tested for phosphates in my ro..what else should i change..the only real change is that i started using kent pro buffer dkh and calcium each day..My alk and calcium look ok....It seems when i started addin each day is when i started f=getting the slime

What about lighting and water flow? Also, it is highly reccommended never to add anything to your tank without testing for it first. I have no Idea if you did or not, just trhowing that out there :wink:

also my lighting is on 8-9 blue act then i turn on the full spectrum at 9.00am and then at night i shut off the full spectrum at 8:00 and the blues at 9:00pm....They are custom sealife power compacts..I have a 75gallon tank (jetstreme by marineland) and 2 powerheads one on each side..Should i add another power head..

I would try to adjust them so that at least one gets some good flow over your substrate...I had a nasty red slime problem for a couple of weeks and redirecting my powerheads help it alot. Its all gone now!

Back
Top Bottom