red tail catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uaramper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a 3" RTC for $2 today at local petco. It was a rescue. $2 not bad though

ForumRunner_20131112_130430.jpg

Great deal! Just be aware it will need a 300 gallon system to make it to it's 4 foot full size.

It will need much larger than that, think a 1000 gallon pond. These guys get massive very quickly. What size tank is he in now and what do you have for upgrades? That is a great price for h I'm though

My LFS has one in a 6ft or 8ft tank I think, probably still needs more room even though it is by itself. The fish is just huge.

Once he exceeds any tank in my house. He will be going to the Denver Aquarium. So it will always have a great life.

The Denver Aquarium has a huggggggge amazon set up where RTC already are so I know it will have a great home ! Right now only 3" lol.

The Denver Aquarium has a huggggggge amazon set up where RTC already are so I know it will have a great home ! Right now only 3" lol.

Don't blink, he will be a foot before you know it! Lol I've never been to the Denver aquarium but at the national aquarium here in Baltimore they have one that is 4 feet and probably a good 40-50 lbs. thing is massive. It is in a big amazon setup like you mentioned. Good luck with the cat

Ive been thinking of flying out to see that aquarium. I work for united airlines so I love to travel and see aquariums. That one in boston is on my list.

Ive been thinking of flying out to see that aquarium. I work for united airlines so I love to travel and see aquariums. That one in boston is on my list.

My brother lives in Boston and has been there, he says it was pretty awesome. Definitely come to the national aquarium, they have some really nice exhibits.

Once he exceeds any tank in my house. He will be going to the Denver Aquarium. So it will always have a great life.

Have you actually contacted the aquarium, rarely if ever a public aquarium will take in a rescue? I know quite a few biologist that work in public aquariums throughout the country and not a single one will accept donations.

Back
Top Bottom