red tailed black shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropic27

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The last time I was in the forum, I was worried because I didn't cycle my tank before adding new fish..Luckily w/ your advice..all my fish survived. Since the tank is cycled now & everything is going good, I went to buy some new additions. Originally, I had 5 silver dollars, 1 gray bichir, and one red tailed black shark. The shark never really came out of his hiding spot. When he did, he was peaceful & was pretty good friends w/ the Bichir. They would always curl up next to each other in the same cave. I was so happy that everything was going good, so I bought 3 small orange colored tetras..Not sure what they really are, but they resemble feeder goldfish w/ some black blottchy line on the side..(hey, they were only $1.50) & I also bought 1 Albino Buenos Aires Tetra, which was the last one they had & they weren't going to re-order it, so I got it cheap. Well, I thought that since these were small, peaceful fish..everything would be ok. The silver dollars & the Bichir don't mind the addition..but my shark is freaking out. Not only is he chasing the tetras like crazy, but he is even being aggresive towards the Bichir & silver dollars. The Bichir trys to curl up to him like always, & the shark starts to snip at him & nudge, or head butt him out of the way!! Also the shark changed color..he is no longer black..he turned a light grey color..Is this a sign of stress, or the wrong diet?? Also..will he get used to the newbies or will I have casualties? ( I have a 50 Gal tank)

Back
Top Bottom