Red Tiger Lotus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought some Red Tiger Lotus plants 2 weeks ago. The leaves are fallen off. But I read that they will do this until they get established in the tank. I see a leaf coming in. Am I correct at what I read? Also does any one have experience with a potted Anubias? This plant is around 6 inches round and 4 inches high. I kept it in the pot. The guy at the aquarium store said I could either keep it in the pot or take it out in a few weeks after it get accustom to the tank. This is a 37 gal tank It is almost cycled. It has 2 24k gold mollies and 6 gold pristella tetras. All seem to be doing well. I have sub straight with Flourish and xl and others in the mix. Should I put some of the nutrients in the tank even though I have that in the sub straight? I have Fluval LED lights.Nice and bright. The lights are on for 12 hours. Thanks for the taking a look at my question. Jeff:confused:

By "red clay" do you mean laterite? Im not sure on the spelling. Also 12 hours of light might cause algae problems. I would start with 7 or 8 hours of light, even less if you can stand it, but I don't know the brightness of your LED.

Whenever I see a cookie, the Jaws theme plays in my head...

Thanks

Thanks for the answer. I read about red clay on a different site. They just said red clay. I have been told that 12 hours is too much. I kick it down to 9 and see what happens.

Lotuses (loti?) Are interesting plants for their ability to keep "coming back." I've had a tiger lotus in my tank for a while and it survived snails chomping on it. Actually, it seemed to grow almost in defiance of them. I wouldn't be too worried at this juncture all plants take time to acclimate to a new tank and I'm sure your lotus will be flourishing in short order.

Back
Top Bottom