Red Tiger Lotus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

I have a Red Tiger Lotus that is growing like crazy and currently has 5 shoots up to the surface. Do you trim these in order to prohibit growth a bit, or do you prefer to let them continue to grow?

I also just read online that they shouldn't be planted near sensitive plants because the have some sort of toxin that affects other plants near them. I had never heard of this before.

I have had them in the past, but this one is growing like crazy due to new lights.

If anyone has any comments, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
D

Hello,

I have a Red Tiger Lotus that is growing like crazy and currently has 5 shoots up to the surface. Do you trim these in order to prohibit growth a bit, or do you prefer to let them continue to grow?

I also just read online that they shouldn't be planted near sensitive plants because the have some sort of toxin that affects other plants near them. I had never heard of this before.

I have had them in the past, but this one is growing like crazy due to new lights.

If anyone has any comments, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

D

I let them hit the surface but if you prefer the growth to remain underwater just cut them.

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

As for the toxin effect I’ve never heard of that.

Back
Top Bottom