Red Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
They aren't flatworms.. but they're extremely small.. almost even too small to see and they're all over my glass and my rocks. I mean not like infestation level where you can't even see the rocks.. but i can see them lol. They are little worm like creatures that are red in color. My coral is doing fine, and all my crabs, shrimp, snails, and fish are doing fine. Just knocking stuff over as usual...

Any ideas as to what they are? I also see tiny tiny circular creatures cruising my glass. They have little tails too.. pods?

I would provide a picture but these things are WAY too small for my camera to take a picture worth looking at to able to identify what they are.

And hmmmm... Those red Copepods, sort of look like what my red things look like... But if they were all clumped up together. Mine are more spread out throughout the glass and rocks so it's not all that easy to tell.

Yeah i looked on xtal... couldn't find anything. I did however ID a couple other things that popped up in my tank.

I have amphipods, copepods, tiger pods, all running around all over the place. Also saw a thin long pinkish worm with a white head.. pretty sure it's a peanut worm. Pretty cool. I also still have those little red bubble things that no ones been able to ID. Personally, i think they're sea slugs.

Ive also got tiny little red brown worms in my pico. They look very similar to slugs. Less than 1cm long and a bit thicker than a hair. One end has two little "antenna" sticking up. It crawls around the glass only at night. Some sort of slug maybe?

Also got some white flat worms eating pods...Kinda neat to see them come out at night. Where were these guys back when I had the red flatworms?:rolleyes:

Ill bet we have the same thing, and that they are slugs of some kind.

Any idea what they eat and how big they will get?

Matt

Na... Matt, my little red worms are practically microscopic and have just one color... No antennas or anything like that.

And they're definitely not hair or spaghetti worms. I've seen both and they look like nothing like the worms in my tank. The worms in my tank are ridiculously small like smaller than the smallest splinter you've ever had in your finger.

Oh! I know what you are talking about! I have seen them too, but have no idea what they are. Maybe they are some sort of baby something or other?
Matt

Baby Great Whites maybe??? in the red stage of life....

Back
Top Bottom