Red Zebra mating signs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no one knows what is in it ???

Typical Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill Meal, Whole Herring Meal, Wheat Flour, Whole Squid Meal, Algae Meal, Soybean Isolate, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Garlic, Vegetable and Fruit Extract (Spinach, Broccoli, Red Pepper, Zucchini, Tomato, Pea, Red and Green Cabbage, Apple, Apricot, Mango, Kiwi, Papaya, Peach, Pear), Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal-Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine, DL Alphatocophero ( E ), Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Niacin, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorby-2-Polyphosphate (Stable C), Ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Choline Chloride.

Ok so this mating thing has gotten pretty bad. I had to move the male red zebra after he got his butt kicked by the zebra OB. Now the holding female (the male zebra got to her b4 getting hurt) is hiding up in a corner due to the OB going crazy on her. I was gonna move the OB to a 10g of his own for now. I thought since she was already gotten to the mating attempts would stop. Any ideas on how long this will last? I plan on adding a few more female zebras when i get my 125 up and running very soon.

Sounds to me like you need to do one of two things...
1- add more rocks
2- add more females

I've NEVER had the least bit of an aggression problem with my red zebras. If they're fighting that bad, it sounds like they're out of territories. Each fish should have 3-4 'caves' to hide in and claim as their own. You can have a 300 gallon tank, but without enough hiding spots, you'll still have aggression. That'd be my bet.

I have like 80lbs of rock in my 55 already and we just moved it around AGAIN last night. Should I add females now before the tank swap? I'm also rehoming 12 of my 24 to get the balance better. I'm gonna go with haps and peacocks BUT i'm keeping the zebras. Go figure.

Oh and the OB is only chasing the red zebra female and a mbuna very small female. he leaves everyone else alone.

If you only have 2 females for the one male, either add 2-3 more females, rehome the females, or rehome them all and forget the mbuna and concentrate on haps/peacocks.

They will all be disoriented after the move but that will be temporary.

The rehoming is starting to sound good with all the trouble these 3 fish are giving me. LOL

But seriously, thanks for the input. :)

Back
Top Bottom