Redline Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drew95

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are these fish OK to keep by themselves or do they prefer to be in schools? I think these are also called Denison Barbs or Torpedo Barbs. Thanks in advance.

They prefer to be in schools, and I think they grow to around 5-6 inches.

Ok thank you. I'm just planning ahead for my new tank and don't want the little guys to be lonely.

Yes, they prefer to be in schools and school well. They get to about 6 inches or a little bigger.

75g182.jpg

Check out my 75G Planted Tank diary for more pics. They are on page 14.

Wow, lonewolf! Your tank looks great! i love denison barbs! They are beautiful and have great personality. All my aquarium projects are on hold till the garden is done (In the fall!) but I'm seriously considering 3-4 DB!

That's a different one. The ticto stays smaller at around 2 inches. Still a good looking fish.

niiiiice lonewolf. denisonii are near and dear to my heart--i have about 9 in my tank right now. aren't they just the best????!!!!!

Oops, double post. Stupid DSL modem has been giving me trouble all day. :p

Lonewolf, your tank looks amazing. Great job! Those Denison barbs are stunning. If I had the tank space, I would definitely check into getting some.

Yes, they do require space. They say a minimum of a 3 foot long tank, but I highly recommend a minimum of a 4 foot tank like a 55G or 75G, or larger. They would be kind of cramped, IMO, in a 3 foot tank.

Back
Top Bottom