Redness in fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just notice that some of my fishes have some redness in the part of their face and some in their tail. Anyone know if this is normal?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427164396.895003.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427164411.446934.jpg

I change gravel to sand 2 days ago.
And my water stats are normal. I lost one fish to unknown reasons.
Thanks
Brie

It could be internal Hemerage.. internal bleeding.., I had fish like that my gold barbs... I was unable to treat it and eventually they died.. I cant remember the name of the disease that causes it.. look it up on google.

It could be internal Hemerage.. internal bleeding.., I had fish like that my gold barbs... I was unable to treat it and eventually they died.. I cant remember the name of the disease that causes it.. look it up on google.

What can I do to treat them.
That means most of my fish will die eventually ????

Have you double checked your ammonia level? Redness in the gills can be ammonia poisoning... Maybe a little mini cycle from switching out your gravel?
I'm curious to know if your ammonia spiked, I'm changing out my substrate from gravel to sand either today or tomorrow and have been worried about that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you double checked your ammonia level? Redness in the gills can be ammonia poisoning... Maybe a little mini cycle from switching out your gravel?
I'm curious to know if your ammonia spiked, I'm changing out my substrate from gravel to sand either today or tomorrow and have been worried about that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well
I test it and my ammonia came back
To 0 so I really don't know what's happening. And I think another fish is dying ?

Back
Top Bottom