Redo!! 2nd attempt paludarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOVE this tank. What silicone did you use? Where did you find the river rocks? And what land plants do you have?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks!! I used basic GE clear silicone (the one that is NOT mold free)
The rocks are out of the stream by my house! It took quite a while to find the "pretty" ones! The driftwood is from the reservoir by my house as well. I coated it in silicone since I'm not sure what type of wood it is.
Plants are, pilea Aqua on top, wandering Jew in the filter on top of waterfall, Polka dot plant, a peporomia plant, a succulent, and some moss from the stream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks so good! One piece of advice with the wandering jew, i put in my geckos with the plant before i gave it enough time to establish and it wilted because it wasnt strong enough to stay rooted. Although my geckos are big tubs and i dont know much about firebellies, always wanted them though :) good luck it looks lovely.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you!! The wandering Jew is actually inside the filter. I removed all dirt and have the roots in the water. Not sure how it will do like that
I'm worried when I get the frogs they'll mess everything up! I guess we'll see!

They're here!! I got 3 firebelly toads. 2 seem to always be together and the 3rd just hangs out. They all eat well! Seems like they're starving! Can you overfeed them? Or will they stop when they're full
Also they tend to climb up the waterfall and hang out in the top of filter. Is that ok? They can get out easily on the plants.
Check them out!

They look great! I don't think that it would be a problem to have them in the top if the filter as long as they don't get inside it. As for feeding, they probably are very hungry. I would feed small amounts of food two times a day. What are you feeding them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Crickets with calcium dust. I bought 20 in a box and they all jumped out! I'm new at crickets lol! And I gave them each a worm from my garden(organic!)

PS. At Petsmart when I bought them they said we fed them today so they don't need anymore for a day or two. I went in at 10 when they opened so how did they get fed already??[emoji19]

Pet-whatevers like to lie to make money. I don't know how they could make money off a lie like this but I'd trust Petsmart or Petco to lie about just anything. Anyway, sounds like you're giving them some good food. Some mealworms in calcium dust would work too. And you can catch your own crickets. No need to spend money on crickets once you run out. Simply lay a board down somewhere in the yard and leave it there for a couple weeks. Give it a peek then and you'll find all kinds of insects to feed the toads.

Not uncommon for employees to before before opening hours.

That's some good Lookin toads! I need to get some calcium dust for mine. Mine eat 3-4 crickets every 2 days and stay pretty plump.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom