reducing microbubbles on skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering if theres an easy way to reduce micro bubbles that are coming out of my bubble diffuser on my coralife superskimmer 65. It seems even though I put a new 'sponge' in the bubble diffuser its still putting out a lot of microbubbles. Is there a good suggestion for this ?

I thought about putting a 'diffuser' bag on the 'out tube'.. dont know if that would help at all. Any suggestions welcome!

When I had my CSS 125 (piece of junk) I tried a few mods but nothing really made a difference, but I ran mine in my sump so I wasn't too concerned about the microbubbles.
Do you have the top of diffuser box aprox 1" above the water?

I have a css 125 and my mom as a css 65, I tried everything in the book to try and reduce micro bubbles on my 125 and it still had tons. I finally went with a sump so I didn't have to worry about it. Is your's in you sump or hanging of tank?

Gotcha. I'll just haveto deal with it until I can afford a better one sounds like.. oh well! Figured I'd ask. I have it as a HOB

catmel I would recommend going with a sump instead of buying another skimmer. Then you can use the money you would spend on a new skimmer towards your sump it will make your tank look better and run better.

Back
Top Bottom