Reef in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemyreef

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here are a couple pics of our tank. The goal is to have a beautiful flourishing reef tank. This tank is 6 months old. The drags are only 3 weeks old. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120102_170003.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120102_170003.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 116
  • ForumRunner_20120102_170035.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120102_170035.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 112
  • ForumRunner_20120102_170150.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120102_170150.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 115
Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 29 gallon reef is also 6 months old. Added 2 anenomes....(SP?)....and a clown fish recently....NO issues.....flourishing....paramaters holding steady....I've had a damsel since day 28...hanging tough.....lost a few shrimp a month ago....did a water change....salt dropped a smidgen and whammo...so beware of that....I have a huge clean up crew...6 snails, 2 starfish and a cucumber...that seems to really help.....I'm trying to achieve your clarity...added a powerhead the other day....I've got a little algae outbreak right now....but a 20% water change this weekend seems to be addressing that. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Thank you! ... Our damsel and clown have also been there since the month point. We lost 2 other damsels (pink and yellow - can't remember type) to ich. I think they came with it. Luckily, it didn't spread throughout the tank. I'll have to watch the salt with the shrimp - thanks for the tip.

honestly shrimp aren't that difficultonce they are in your system. they acclimate pretty well to evaporation and the slight increase and decrease in salinity. the big deal is if they are stressed and they are moved when you have to acclimate for it. also becareful if they have molted before they buy them they will probably end up dying. i've had one die 30 minutes after i bought it while i was acclimating it. i was pretty nervous to as they don't have a returm policy on dead marine stock

Back
Top Bottom