Reef noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thepokerkid227

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've always been a freshwater guy and totally new to salt. I picked up a 40G breeder that I plan on slowly starting up a reef tank in, also have a 20G long I'll be using to make a sump for it. Basically plan on just doing live rock and corals for now, what are some eye appealing beginner corals and what are some good LEDs where I can get the most bang for my buck for my tank. This is gonna be a very slow build as I haven't even started building the tank stand or sump yet. Just looking and researching for now. Probably won't be starting until after winter. Thanks!

Joe

Ps-any good links for sump build?

Well you can start adding corals after your cycle is finished. Some good beginner corals could be hammer or frogspawn, ZOA's , richordea mushrooms , just about any soft corals are good. And you can get decent led lighting off eBay. Just make sure you don't buy the cheapest light you can find. Make sure its a reputable brand and do your research!

They won't work. You want something that will handle any coral, correct? Anemones? Clams?
Those finnex fixtures are good for softies and some LPS.
How much do you want to spend on lighting?

Back
Top Bottom