reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do u think mushrooms and anemonies would do good together if i keep them far away from eachother?? how about fether dusters. do they need eny good lighting.?

If lighting is going to be a factor, then I would just do the mushrooms. They look gorgeous when grown all over the rock. If you go to liveaquaria.com they have specific requirements for mushrooms, feather dusters, Anemone's, etc.

I would pass on the Anemone for now though. If the tank is not up to par with water quality, lighting, temperature, etc., the Anemone will most likely not make it, and it can poison your tank very quickly - especially in a 44 gal.

Mike

I think 80w is on the low side. 65wx2 would be more on the moderate side. Research what you are looking for, then decide on what type of lighting you will need based on the information. You don't want to have to purchase lights again if you buy the wrong ones..

Mike

I would not even count the 15w NO light, IMO you only have 65 watts of good light.
anemonies are delicate creatures and should not be kept in new tanks. IMO 9-12 month old tank before getting one. You say keep them apart, an anemone will go where it wants and there is not much you can do about it.
If your new to the hobby start with simple things and as you learn more then attempt more difficult critters.
You should get another 65 watt PC if you planning on corals.

what is something easy to start with with a 65 watt pc light??
As Mike suggested, some low light mushrooms and zoos may survive under 65watt of CF lighting. If you plan to venture out of that list I strongly encourage you to upgrade to AT LEAST 2x65watt. You will still be a bit limited in what you can keep, but it will be a larger selection then the single 65watt tube. Bottom line...if you want to have a reef you have to have light. Trust me, once you start adding some low-light corals to your tank you will want more, higher-light, corals. It is best to get the lighting out of the way now so you are free to add what ever you want in the future.

Back
Top Bottom