ReefBoy's 360 Gallon REEF Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much for explaining this! It clarified a lot for me. So I will be wanting to check my parameters as I go along. And if something arises then I can jump on it because I will know what it is and how to correct it. :)

I will have 250lbs of LR in the tank. So I can put 50 in the sump.

Is there any equipment you would recommend to have on hand from the get go? Besides the obvious of course; skimmer, lighting, powerheads, sump, heater.
Would a go and carbon be a good thing to invest in? Or is it best to wait until I know what I will need, as you mentioned, and then address accordingly?

Thanks again

I'd wait, but I think running a product like carbon or purigen in a reactor is always a good idea. I like purigen over carbon as they think some links to HLLE is the result of carbon...who knows I just use purigen.

So a seachem purigen reactor? Sounds good! I'll go your route and hopefully have good success!

Doing a 30 gallons water change today on the 120 reef. I'm leaving for 2 weeks on the 3rd so I decided to go a little bigger on this water change.

I'm also putting the auto top off pump to work. It's emptying the brute container without me having to get my hands wet, besides vacuuming the sand. :D

Here's a pic on the tank taken from an iPad Air just now. Sorry bad res

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 91
That turned out so bad... that i grabbed the Canon.

Attachments

• IMG_6375.jpg
    IMG_6375.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 91
I think I'll add some purigen to the 120 before I leave on the 3rd. After reading up on it I think it would really help the tank out. And I can probably stick it in the HOB Reef Octopus Skimmer. :)

Ok I picked up a packet of Seachem Perigean at the LRS today! I put it in the HOB skimmer for now in a good flowing area.

I also picked up an orange short tentacle plate and a nice looking Yuma.

But in the midst of trying to get a good shot of the Short Tentacle, I forgot to get a shot of the Yuma... I'll make sure to get a pic for you guys tomorrow!!

Attachments

• IMG_6402.jpg
    IMG_6402.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 77
The tank water does look a lot cleaner. I can't wait to get the new tank setup with a sump :). I've always wanted a sump but could never afford one, working 7.35 an hour 3 days a week. lol

This will give me a lot more to play around with:D

Lol I'm really excited because this is the first POTM contest I've entered into.. Mainly because I didn't have an SPS coral.. And I didn't have something that matched the criteria etc. etc. don't expect to win though. Some nice photos on there and I'm still a novice. :D

I can't wait for next months topic!! And I really hope it's something that most everyone can enter in like this past one!! :). Like Your favorite LPS Coral with good Bokeh. :)

Alright just to give you guys a rough idea of what the Yuma looks like!

Sent from my iPad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for the encouraging words... Lol ;)

He seems to be doing fine for now. I'm actually more worried about the short tentacle. As of this morning some of his skeleton is poking through the flesh... I did another 10 gallon water change (don't think I needed to but just to be sure). And he still looks the same. I also moved him into the shade a little bit. Maybe the lighting??

They don't need much light, but you can try feeding it. A small piece of meaty food should do the trick. Are the tentacles still out?

He ate some pellets last night :). Fauna Marin

Yes his tentacles are still staying out. I'm hoping he will be fine. Fingers crossed.

Well guys, I am heading to California right now with the family. I will be going around looking for good reef/ saltwater fish stores while we are out there. Cant wait :D

We decided to drive because we wanted to sop by a lot of different locations. I will be flying back to South Korea at the end of the year to train with Ktigers Demonstration Team again. I want to be the first American (technically Scottish Chinese) to be on the Ktigers Demo Team. It will be a lot of fun :)

Just came back from a long vacation, back in college, worked yesterday, good enough update..

Ok so I'm STILL waiting on the tank to arrive...... They said it would take 10-12 weeks. Here we are on the 10th week since the tank size was changed half way through.. It should be shipping somewhere in the next couple of weeks.
.......This is torture........

I did buy a nice big pvc for the Zebra Moray I plan on keeping. I will make a good hole through one of the rocks and glue the pipe in there so the pipe is hidden. Should turn out well :)

Ii stained the tank stand and added a soft close feature to the doors. Will be building a canopy after the tank arrives. The tank will be viewable and accessible from 3 sides. So 3 doors is a must.

Back
Top Bottom