Refuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am wondering what to put in my refuge. i dont know if i should use it for harvesting copods or a nitrate reducer and have a deep sand bed and some plants in there? what would be the best for a reef setup? i will only have a few fish in this tank. i am thinking at this point a mated pair of clown fish and a golby and mabey a yellow tang but i am thinking my tank might be to small for him. but for shure the pair of mated clown fish.
i got time and lots of it. i wont be adding any fish till late spring or early summer. i am going to try for corals first.

Frogspawn said:
i dont know if i should use it for harvesting copods or a nitrate reducer and have a deep sand bed and some plants in there?
You could do all that in a fuge, depending on the size.

I have a little bit of everything in my fuge. 3 or 4 different kinds of macro LR a lot of LS and tons and tons of pods of all shapes and sizes. My fuge and skimmer are along with my LR my filtration for my reef. I do all of the above with my fuge and if you put macro in yours and a little LR you will end up accomplishing all of the above as well!!!

Here is a pic of my fuge a few weeks ago.
fugeagxg2.jpg

all i have is a Hang on back refuge as seen in my gallery. my aquarium is in my room so i dont have much room. i gues i could put all that stuff in there. i have a 4inch sand bed now in my main tank. do i still need a deep one in there also?

wow thats some complex reading there :) well i have 4" of sand in my aquarium and i guess i will add some more to the refuge. i have some fom my old tank i just need to clean it and put it in there. how do i clean my old sand?

Well I would let it dry for about a week in the sun. Rinse it with fresh water then let it dry again...then rinse one more time throw it on your garden and go buy some new sand.

haha ziggy u got me there. i will mabey i will buy some of that refuge mud. or is that stuff a waste of money?

I dont know enough about it to say anything about it. Take some of the sand you have in your display just a little bit and put it on top of the new sand you put in your fuge. Or learn more about the mud and then you can tell me all about it!

Back
Top Bottom