Relocating 72g tank from college w algae issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rockster2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I'm helping relocate my sons 72g tank from college and there are a few algae and other issues I'd like try and address when we set it back up. The tank currently has a pretty bad hair algae problem but there are also a couple of other items that I can't identify. There is a "fuzz" that envelopes certain pieces of live rock and a plant like growth on some of the rocks. Pics are attached. Any ideas on what these are and best way to get rid of it? If the plant like growth is not a problem I'd prefer to keep that. There is a very large and healthy pumping Xenia colony in the tank and most of the corals look healthy. Thanks for your thoughts. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430682734.387372.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430682751.640235.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430682792.176781.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When you take everything out, give the rocks a good scrub in old tank water. That won't solve the problem but will at least give you a head start ascetically.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom