Remora Pro ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RunDrums

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Purchased the Remora Pro Hang-On with Mag Drive 3 Pump to replace my seaclone. I have a few questions.

1) The pump it self which way does the intake of the pump face the sponge side of the pump? under the thing that hangs onto the tank which also lets the water back into the tank? or the other way;; away from the flow back to tank ? does it really matter?

2) did you use the sponge attachment?? should I??

3) collection cup? how far does it need to be let down or up? per the rubber band on the cup? or leave it factory default?

4) it has a very small leak on the intake pvs, can I just use regular pvs cement to make a better seal.

5) mag 3 is much larger then I expected kind of ugly, could I hide it with live rock , as long as I don't restrict water flow. or should it be left open for site?

6) should I expect 3 or more days for break-in??

1) I don't think it matters. I bought mine with the rio pump and it didn't have a sponge.
2) I would use the sponge.
3) I have my band setting almost half way down the cup.
4) I don't know. Sorry
5) Yes, you can hide it.
6) 3 days sounds right.

Thanks for the reply Fluff
do you have any sugestions for all the tiny bubbles it produces / dumps inside the tank? or to rid them? or at least slow them down

No, mine still does it but I assumed it was because I kept the rio pump and that was a problem with that one. I've read though they eventually stop after the break in with the mag pump. Sorry I can't help you more.

I bought a small tube of acrylic glue to fix mine. If I was at home, I would be able to give you the name of it. I got it at a hardware store. It was also leaking where the PVC tubing meets the acrylic box. I ran a thin bead around the tubing and it worked fine.
As for the bubbles, a lot of people are adding a piece of poly filter material or sponge to the outlet lip with a rubberband.

Back
Top Bottom