Removed airstone good or bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brox

Aquarium Advice Freak
Idk were to put this thread, but I removed my AIRstone from my planted 40B to remove current it has a AC 110 that I would think would give out enough air. Good or bad idea?

Well it's hard to say without knowing the size of the tank but if you have gentle ripples on the water surface and you plants sway or move in the tank then you have enough current.

I stated it was a 40B, and yes it does have little ripples

If your filter's producing enough surface agitation it's mostly aesthetic ... But I'd keep it on stand-by. If your filter should ever die on you ... The airstone's your backup. ... Run it while your away on a long weekend ... Filters don't always crap out when we're available.

jcolon said:
If your filter's producing enough surface agitation it's mostly aesthetic ... But I'd keep it on stand-by. If your filter should ever die on you ... The airstone's your backup. ... Run it while your away on a long weekend ... Filters don't always crap out when we're available.

Alright sounds good thanks. My neon tetras have always been swimming nose down like there having trouble swimming with the current they look happy now

Alright sounds good thanks. My neon tetras have always been swimming nose down like there having trouble swimming with the current they look happy now

No problem ... Hope your neons continue to better appreciate their calmer waters(y).

jcolon said:
No problem ... Hope your neons continue to better appreciate their calmer waters(y).

Yeah there schooling more now there the only ones that got pushed lol

Back
Top Bottom