rena filstar help (canister problem)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fintique

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm having trouble with my Rena Filstar xp - m. I just moved and the filter has been acting up since I set it up. please watch the video and if you have any advice please share thanks in advance to all who reply!

Last edited:
The movie isn't working for me. Can you describe what's happening?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

try the youtube link. It sounds like its taking in air, but all it sealed. I don't know what going on. It was fine before I moved my tank. Now it doesn't prime when its empty, I have to fill it myself and it flows but makes a weird noise.

That video didn't work either.

Try this though, it worked for me. I think this is the video.

Basically before you turn it on, just lift up one latch and it'll force air out of the canister and water in to fill it all the way.

You're sure none of the hoses are kinking or twisted in a way that would restrict flow?

try the youtube link. It sounds like its taking in air, but all it sealed. I don't know what going on. It was fine before I moved my tank. Now it doesn't prime when its empty, I have to fill it myself and it flows but makes a weird noise.

You need to change the video to public. Its set to private.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry all. Video is up. All the connections are solid and the hoses are good.

Hmm. Not really sure. Like you said, it's hard to hear it doing anything in the video and under the stand was too dark to see. When mine was making noises lifting the latch to make the water fill the entire thing worked for me. Try shaking the canister around to loosen any air that may be stuck inside.

Hmm. Not really sure. Like you said, it's hard to hear it doing anything in the video and under the stand was too dark to see. When mine was making noises lifting the latch to make the water fill the entire thing worked for me. Try shaking the canister around to loosen any air that may be stuck inside.

Did you lift it while running or while its off? Same with shaking?

yea crank it up you can hear it doing the weird noise.

While it's off. Just like in the YouTube video I linked. Shaking I'm pretty sure you can do while running, you just kind of rock it back and forth in a circular motion.

While it's off. Just like in the YouTube video I linked. Shaking I'm pretty sure you can do while running, you just kind of rock it back and forth in a circular motion.

im going to try that! Will keep you updated.

Thanks you all, I got it working fine now. Nigelk8485, I moved it in circular motions and eventually it stopped sucking up air! Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom