Rena XP4 Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burgo345

Aquarium Advice Activist
Never had a canister filter before and received my XP4 and XP3 today for my new 135 gallon tank, I know it came with the stuff I need to get it started but what should I buy as far as the carbon and filter pads go should I just buy the replacements they sell online or should I go a different route?

I don't use carbon but if you would like you can buy the reusable bags and a big thing of carbon. I put ceramic rings in one and bio balls in the other.

Never had a canister filter before and received my XP4 and XP3 today for my new 135 gallon tank, I know it came with the stuff I need to get it started but what should I buy as far as the carbon and filter pads go should I just buy the replacements they sell online or should I go a different route?

I would use everything that came with it... after your next maintenance you can make changes and layer your media any way you like.

I use the foams, ceramic rings, and carbon...and on the top basket I use filter floss-poly and the micro pad.

I only change the poly and micro pad once a month. carbon is your choice. the rest i.e. foam pads a quick rinsing in aquarium water.

Back
Top Bottom