repashy food???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjacks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so im lookin into using repashy food .. since i have ominvores n some carnivores i was curious as to what the best way to feed was .. i know i cant feed the omnivores carnivore food all the time bc its to high in protein but i was curious if anyone had either got the omnivore food n did a 1/2 & 1\2 with carnivore food before or mayb just fed only 1 type or alter the 2 types.. i know alil confusing but it was a thought i had while readin on the food site i wont b able to stop wondering til i get some more opinions...lol sorry in advance i know i require alot these days :)

I've become such a fan of Repashy that I've become a authorized vendor and began selling it. I'm nearly using this product exclusively in my fish room.

With regards to your question I would not mix Meat Pie with Community Plus due to the different requirements of your fish. Meat Pie has a large amount of highly digestable protein(55% to be exact) but even with quality ingredients I'd use the products as designed and feed your omnivores Community Plus(40%). Even with quality ingredients fish have evolved to eat certain diets based on their envoirnment, this is the main reason why Allen Repashy developed different formulas. As with most fish commercial foods there is not one that fits all sizes and species.

Have u added anyrhing to urs.. i read on another forum that they were addin veggies ,bloodworms , n other things dependin on their fish ? I bought herbivore food but that was when i had planned on gettin omnis n herbs .. now i have omnis n carnis.. so im changin my food up .. which i know i can still use the food i just need something different / added for the carnis

No the only thing I add is metrozoidale which is part of quarantine process, this mixture is fed for 7-10 days. In my opinion there is no reason to supplement ingredients with Repashy, this is a well designed product that is formulated to be a balanced diet for the intended species.

Used the repashy tonight.. all the fish luvd it .. im glad i bought it .. cant wait to get a bigger bag soon .. i molded it n a spare ice tray n only made about 3 1/2 cubes til i knew they liked it or not.. even had to reheat to mold it bc i used a measuring cup at first then found the tray.. anyway i luvd that it was super easy to make n is fresh ..

Glad to hear they liked it, as I've yet to find a fish that wouldn't readily accept it. The palatability of the product is one of the reasons the fish so eagerly accept it, and the best part is the high quality easily digestable ingredients making this one of the best diets to feed your fish.

I dropped a piece n my betta tank n it went to the bottom the betta ignored it but i stuck some on my finger n let her eat it she luvd it went back to clean the othe piece off the bottom mayb 15mins later that was dime sized n the otos had eaten it .. which they dont eat any other food anymore.. i used to feed them omega one veggie pellets but my male betta used to take it from them so i stoppe feeding it n they stay busy suctioned to the glass.. the africans didnt leave a single crumb.. i went back to the tank lookin n they all swarmed the top.. even the baby synos came out to eat n they have stayed on one corner of the tank since i added them so it was definately nice to see them out n about eatin scraps..

Ill prolly use the string method i wanted to yesterday but i didnt have any or the right size mold for 4 lil fish .. i think im gonna start doing 2 small molds with string for the africans n then target feed also see how it works ..

This is my mold to feed nearly all my fish, it's a piece of light diffuser from the home stores. I use these for tank dividers for aggressive spawning fish but cut down make perfect small molds for Repashy, they are almost the same size at store bought frozen bloodworm cubes.

Attachments

• image-1000382928.jpg
    image-1000382928.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 77
kjacks said:
Used the repashy tonight.. all the fish luvd it .. im glad i bought it .. cant wait to get a bigger bag soon .. i molded it n a spare ice tray n only made about 3 1/2 cubes til i knew they liked it or not.. even had to reheat to mold it bc i used a measuring cup at first then found the tray.. anyway i luvd that it was super easy to make n is fresh ..

I use repashy for a few fish in particular that weren't too keen on pellets like my bristle nose pleco, red tail black shark and my EBJD. The Red Tail has shown significant growth since I started the repashy. There is no doubt in my mind it's related to the food change.

The repashy Is more a supplemental food for my fish rather than a mainstay at this point. That might change in the future though if I have success with some of the other formulas as well.

I use repashy for a few fish in particular that weren't too keen on pellets like my bristle nose pleco, red tail black shark and my EBJD. The Red Tail has shown significant growth since I started the repashy. There is no doubt in my mind it's related to the food change.

The repashy Is more a supplemental food for my fish rather than a mainstay at this point. That might change in the future though if I have success with some of the other formulas as well.

Yea i thought since i have juvies it would b good for growth n for their coloring. Plus i can make the hubby the correct amount to feed them n i can know he ddnt over feed..

I'd like to try repashy but I hate to spend the money on something they may or may not like :-(

I'd like to try repashy but I hate to spend the money on something they may or may not like :-(

That's how I feel too! Plus I have a mix of herb,omni & carnivores. I feed primarily NLS now & I know that's good for all of those... Is there a kind comparable to NLS, one that would be good to feed everybody regardless of whether than are omnivores or carnivores etc

Is there a kind comparable to NLS, one that would be good to feed everybody regardless of whether than are omnivores or carnivores etc

While there are some commerical food companies that are producing a product that is sort of a one size fits most you'll notice the majority of the larger manufacturers offer products that are designed specifically towards the intended species. NLS is certainly one of the best and will always have a place in my fish room for the larger central americans I keep, but Repashy is slowly gaining strength in the aquarium trade. Especially due to the fact they only launched their fish foods in January of this year, without any advertising and only relying on the word of mouth by hobbyist on outlets such as this one. So I would encourage anyone who is interested to try the formula that is designed for their species.

Back
Top Bottom