Replacing a death in the family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omni024

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my dwarf gourami passed away this morning he hadn't been doing to hot for the past month or so. And I was just curious about what the community thought a good replacement for home would be.

My current setup is a 20gallon high with an ac50 and I maintenance weekly and bi weekly if I feel so inclined and by how my water tests turn out.
I have a few plants some floating and an Anubis.
My fish are
1 gold gourami (female)
4 peppered Corey
5 zebra daino

Tank is cycled and everything reads zero when I test oh and I try to keep my ph at 7.0

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Might be fun to add more corydoras and danios. You could have significantly larger schools of each.

A single dwarf cichlid like a german or bolivian ram, or a krib, or an apisto, might work well.

I agree with increasing the sizes of the shoals!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Moar danio! Maybe a two kind mix. They'll still shoal together, so pretty!

Since you already have a gourami in there, do not get another gourami species. I will second getting a single kribensis cichlid. I have never had a single one be combative to the community, and they are hardy and quite charming little buggers.

K so my thoughts are this

A female betta and adding another member to each school or to just one to one of the schools
Or
The dwarf cichlid thing.... Maybe a pair idk

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom